We report two cases where left atrial appendage closure (LAA) with Watchman was successfully performed despite presence of definite LAA thrombus. Because there was the risk of thrombus dislodgement, we transiently placed an additional Watchman device in the ascending aorta for embolic protection.
- embolic protection devices
- interventional devices/innovation
- left atrial appendage
- structural heart disease intervention
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Radiology Nuclear Medicine and imaging
- Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine