In this two-part Position Statement, SCAI supports the fundamental position that interventional cardiologists must actively participate and help establish the standards of quality in PCI delivery. Practitioners of interventional cardiology should lead in the definition of quality, in collaboration with other stakeholders. Furthermore, the principles outlined in this Statement should be employed both within each institution performing interventional procedures as well as by outside agencies, which we believe are the best means of assessing quality and evaluating the structure, processes, and outcomes of PCI care.
- complications adult cath/intervention
- diagnostic cardiac catheterization
- percutaneous coronary intervention
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Radiology Nuclear Medicine and imaging
- Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine