The association between biochemical parameters and conduct disorder (CD) was studied in 22 boys admitted to a residential center. Three-methoxy-4-hydroxyphenylglycol (MHPG) levels were significantly higher in prepubertal CD youth than in pubertal/post pubertal CD youth. Homovanillic acid (HVA) levels were significantly lower in CD youth under age 12.0 years than in non CD youth under age 12.0 years. The implications of these biodevelopmental findings in the study of CD are discussed.
- Conduct disorder
- Homovanillic acid (HVA) and behavior
- Three-methoxy-4-hydroxyphenylglycol (MHPG) and behavior
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Pediatrics, Perinatology, and Child Health
- Developmental and Educational Psychology
- Psychiatry and Mental health