Benign duodenal strictures: Treatment by means of fluoroscopically guided balloon dilation

Hyoung Kim Jin, Hoon Shin Ji, Zhen Hai Di, Young Ko Gi, Hyun Ki Yoon, Kyu Bo Sung, Ho Young Song

Research output: Contribution to journalArticlepeer-review

19 Scopus citations

Abstract

Fluoroscopically guided balloon (15 or 20 mm in diameter) dilation was performed on eight patients with benign duodenal strictures caused by peptic ulcers (n = 6), Crohn's disease (n = 1), and postoperative adhesion (n = 1). The procedure was technically and clinically successful without complications in seven of the eight patients (88%). Duodenal perforation occurred immediately after 20-mm-diameter balloon dilation in one patient who underwent emergency surgery. During the mean follow-up of 30 months (range, 2-103 months), there was recurrence in two of the seven patients (29%) who then underwent surgery. The other five patients (71%) showed good results with no recurrence.

Original languageEnglish (US)
Pages (from-to)543-548
Number of pages6
JournalJournal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Volume16
Issue number4
DOIs
StatePublished - Apr 2005
Externally publishedYes

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • Radiology Nuclear Medicine and imaging
  • Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine

Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of 'Benign duodenal strictures: Treatment by means of fluoroscopically guided balloon dilation'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

Cite this